We are a year-round, lay-led congregation created to meet the needs of Unitarian Universalists of all ages. The first Sunday of each month is meditation practice. One or two of the remaining Sundays are professionally led and at least one service is community led. Our services cover a range of UU concepts and diverse representation from a variety of ministry.
Spirit of Life Church
is founded on the values
of Unitarian Universalism.
We foster a free,
responsible, and creative search for the spiritual.
We value the
inherent worth and
dignity of every person, embrace sacred rituals
drawn from the world's religious traditions, and strive for
compassion and social justice.
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person:
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregation;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
- Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
- Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit;
- Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
- Spirit of Life Church is founded on the values of Unitarian Universalism as stated in our principles and purposes. It is a church created on the principles of healthy community growing out of mutual respect and mutual responsibility. It will be a church which acknowledges our interdependence at all levels: mutual responsibility within the church community and in the larger society of which we are a part.
- We have a strong commitment to working on social justice issues in collaboration with the other liberal religious communities of the St. Cloud area.
- We place value on creative ritual including the traditional (flower communion, UU communions of bread and wine which celebrate the humanity and teachings of Jesus) as well as new and innovative ritual.
- This church will fully include women and men and children, people with a variety of racial and cultural backgrounds, people with a variety of sexual orientations, varying physical and mental ability, varying class backgrounds and varying educational levels.
- This church holds deep respect for our Judeo-Christian roots and draws wisdom from these traditions, as well as from other world religions, earth centered traditions, "direct experience of transcending mystery and wonder," "words and deeds of prophetic women and men" and humanist teachings.